In this issue, we discover our top pick when it comes to luxury weddings & honeymoons in the tropical paradise of Boracay, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa.Boracay island in the Philippines has long been a top venue for destination weddings, boasting one of the world’s finest beaches and spectacular sunsets. On the northern tip of the island sits Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa – a paradise retreat nestled in a secluded cove amid pristine waters. Blessed with mesmerizing views all around, during sunset hours, the resort is wrapped ablaze in breathtaking hues. The luxury resort complements the sheer natural beauty of its magical location, with aesthetics radiating serenity at every turn. Its thoughtful modern interpretation of traditional local design is consistent with the hallmark elegance of the Shangri-La brand. Amid its two private beach coves lies an exclusive, tropical paradise that will turn every whimsical detail of your wedding fantasy into reality. During our visit, we discovered that not only is Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa an ideal destination wedding venue, but it also sets the stage for a picturesque photoshoot and a memorable honeymoon. Read on to discover more.
1. Exchange your vows in bespoke wedding venues
The resort offers you five unique and natural wedding locations to choose from, each with its own distinct character and charm. May it be a party for 2 or 200, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa has the ideal space for your celebration.
Punta Bunga BeachSun, sand, and sea. There is nothing quite as romantic as getting married amid nature’s wonders. The Punta Bunga Beach is ideal for couples looking for a tranquil ambiance to highlight their exchange of vows. Your guests will be wowed by the resplendent view that further accentuates your intimate affair.
Alon GardenJust a few steps away from Banyugan Beach, the beautiful Alon Garden is a popular choice for garden wedding ceremonies. It’s spacious, landscaped lawn, with swaying palms perfectly frames Boracay’s world-renowned sunsets in the late afternoon.
Cielo ArenaElegant and earthy, Cielo Arena is a cozy yet sophisticated poolside venue. Its ethnic design aesthetic brings a different touch to your celebration. This space has its own stage and private garden that completes the venue for you.
Sagana BallroomIf you are looking for a more elaborate and grand banquet setup, the Sagana Ballroom is an ideal choice for you. This formal event space can seat up to 200 guests and has a foyer for your solemnization ceremony. Let the resort team of highly-skilled international chefs create a culinary experience for your memorable celebration.
Sea PavilionFor extra intimate gatherings, the Sea Pavilion is an ideal choice. This enchanting venue is perched on a cliff comes with elevated views of the glorious ocean.
A Promise of Paradise
During our visit, we were treated to a showcase of beautifully executed wedding themes and motifs as the resort held its first ever bridal showcase entitled “A Promise of Paradise”. The three-day affair was highlighted with the unveiling of the 10 Great Wedding Ideas bridal inspiration lookbook – a great resource of creative ideas that soon-to-weds can incorporate into their own dream destination wedding.
2. Live luxuriously in a treetop villaThe main building of Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa houses guestrooms and suites of 5 categories, each thoughtfully designed to provide you comfort and luxury during your stay. In the expansive resort grounds, you will find some of the most luxurious villas in the country and the largest on the island. The villas exude rich elegance and are surrounded by natural beauty. We found the most breathtaking among the villas to be the Treetop Villa. Perched atop a hill amid lush greenery, the intimate villa overlooks sweeping sea views. The lower floor serves as the bedroom with floor-to-ceiling windows. Each morning, your eyes will immediately open from a restful slumber to be welcomed with a breathtaking panoramic view of the ocean. The upper floor has a spacious living area and a jacuzzi on the balcony for you to soak in the famed Boracay sunsets. This secluded sanctuary also comes with personalized butler service. The Treetop Villa is no doubt a perfect lovers’ getaway, and will most definitely make the morning after your wedding day feel incredibly surreal. Rooms and villas at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa enjoy a modern design but are accompanied with accents of indigenous materials such as the abaca weave rug and local capiz shells, that completes your tropical island experience.
3. Experience world-class & personalized serviceThe luxury Shangri-La brand, well-known for their luxurious and personalized service, blew us away on our visit. Their meticulous approach to service started the minute we arrived at the airport. As the only five-star international resort on the island, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa has a distinct arrival experience that is unparalleled. We were welcomed at the airport with their exclusive welcome lounge in Caticlan. Our luggage was taken care of as we were chauffeured to a private speedboat that whisked us away to the gorgeous resort. En-route, we were given a tour of the island. For your wedding, your guests will most certainly feel pampered to receive this warm, inviting and exclusive welcome. The personalized service does not stop upon arrival at the resort, and most certainly extends to your once-in-a-lifetime celebration. The dedicated wedding team at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa endeavors to create a day of pure magic for you in a style that is uniquely yours. Taking into account your tastes and preferences, the team works with the resort’s extraordinary natural environment to stage the wedding of your dreams. From event conceptualization to planning, all the way up to the execution on an actual day, the service-oriented wedding team at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa will take care of every detail, big or small.
4. Breathtaking vistas for unique photo shootsShangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa has numerous idyllic, scenic spots not only to celebrate romance but also serves as stunning backdrops for your photo shoot. The entire resort spans across 12 hectares of beach, lush greenery and resort, with almost every corner presenting a photo opportunity. Be sure to check out the sunset backdrop at the clifftop bar, Solana and the treetop hideout, Rima. You are bound to create incredible photos in those areas.
5. Unforgettable dining experiencesJust when we thought our trip could not be any more luxurious, we were in for more surprises. The elevated dining experiences at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa blew us away (again). Sirena, their cliff-top seafood restaurant gave us a carefree setting for savory meals, with unending ocean views. Alongside the pool at Cielo is where island feasting happens. Pasta and pizzas are paired alongside refreshing cocktails at this quaint spot. Rima – Tucked away in the tree-tops, is the perfect spot for a romantic and intimate dinner, and no doubt our favourite. Culinary masterpieces served up with excellent wines is what you can expect here. Do try the 4-course degustation menu. You will open the evening with a scoop of delicious potato mousse for amuse bouche. Savour the evening as you sip on sparkling wine while delighting in a sweeping panorama of the sea, before indulging in the main course: a 16-hour slow-cooked suckling pig with red cabbage, shallots, mustard demi-glace. Dreamy dining experiences do not stop at Rima. You can arrange for private dinners on the beach, at the Sea Pavilion or even in the comforts of your own villa. At Vintana, alongside with a huge variety of world cuisines lined up in a buffet spread you can also opt out to dine on the section of the restaurant that is outdoors for an alfresco dining experience. Do be wary of the tempting pastry section, for these sumptuous delights added a couple inches to our waistlines! But then again, you do not have to worry about keeping active, for the resort has a daily activity calendar with pilates, garden tai chi, aqua workout, kayaking, dragon boating, Zumba and many more.
6. Unwind & relax at this tropical island paradiseWhen it comes to relaxing, Alon bar, located between the resort’s free-form swimming pool and the beach has great island vibes. Lounge the day away with a refreshing tropical drink in total relaxation. For winding down the evenings, head over to Solana, where fun cocktails and a tapas-inspired menu will get your taste buds excited. Grab drinks around the fire pit, or lounge in one of the cabanas as you soak in the mesmerizing sunset view.
6. Pamper yourselves at Chi, The SpaWhen at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa, your trip is not complete without a visit to CHI, The Spa. Drawing inspirations from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, this is a place that promotes personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. Needless to say, that is a perfect combination for your pre or post-wedding pampering. CHI, The Spa is designed to be a sanctuary in a tropical paradise. This 5,714 sqm haven is an exclusive complex of its own, with its own reception building, spa pool, and dedicated treatment rooms, with views across the bay. Located on the rocky peninsula, this is the perfect space for you to take a break and rejuvenate yourself, whether from the pre-wedding jitters or post-wedding stress-relieve. Spending a day in this tranquil sanctuary is a must – and we encourage you to go for their signature Philippine Hilot massage. Click here for their spa menu. Arguably one of the most premier wedding and honeymoon destinations you can find in the Philippines, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa gave us our best luxury island experience yet. We spent an entire weekend indulging in this private island paradise that came with spectacular views, serene atmosphere, luxurious accommodations, unforgettable dining experiences… all topped off with the signature Shangri-La service. If you are searching for an exclusive and luxurious tropical destination for your wedding, honeymoon or anniversary, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa is the place to be. Be sure to check it out!
Click here to book at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & SpaShangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa Website Barangay Yapak, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, 5608, Philippines [email protected] | (63 36) 288 4988 Facebook
This post was brought to you by Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa. All photos are credited to the property. All opinions remain writer’s own. For more information, kindly refer to our copyright & disclosure policy.